Updated September 2022
Thank you for visiting our Website or using our App or other Services. This Privacy Statement outlines the information we collect, how we may use and disclose it, and what your options are with respect to our practices. If you have any questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Foot Locker Canada Co. its subsidiaries, or its affiliates (referred to as Foot Locker and Champs Sports, "we," "us," or "our" herein) believes in protecting your information. With this in mind, we have adopted this Privacy Statement, which describes the information we may collect when you visit our websites (each a "Site"), sign up for a brand loyalty membership (each a "FLX Program"), use our mobile applications (each an "App") shop in our stores (each a "Store") and use and/or participate in social media sites, digital advertising and emails (collectively the "Services"). By using the Services, you agree to the collection, use, and disclosure of your personal information as described in this Privacy Statement. If you do not, please do not use the Services.
Notice of Collection of Personal Information: We list the categories of personal information that we collect below under Categories of Personal Information Collected. We collect personal information about you for business and commercial purposes as described below under “Information Use.”
This Privacy Statement addresses:
- Information You Provide to Us.
We only collect certain information from you when you provide it to us, such as when you:
- register/create an account.
- purchase one of our products or services.
- complete a survey or product review.
- participate in one of our promotions, contests, or sweepstakes.
- sign up for our FLX Program, newsletter or other communication.
- contact us.
The information we collect from you may include your name, date of birth, gender, mailing address or postal code, daytime telephone number, cell phone number, e-mail address, account username and password, and payment information.
You must be 13 years of age or older to register.
We encourage you to register/create an account when shopping on our Site or App; however, registration is not required. Registration helps us to provide you with a quick and simple checkout experience. The customer contact information you provide will be used to contact you concerning the status of an order, answer your questions and, unless you choose to opt-out, to send you communications about upcoming sales, contests, promotions and product information. You can unsubscribe from receiving such communications at any time by contacting us as set out in the “Questions/Contacting Us” section of the Privacy Statement.
You acknowledge and agree that you are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your registration information and password. You are responsible for all use of the Site or App under your registered account.
If you would like, you can also fill out a customer profile. While it is not required, information obtained from your registration and the customer profile helps us to learn more about our customers and is used to improve your shopping experience and to provide you with more relevant content and advertising.
- Information We Automatically Collect.
A cookie is a small data file that is sent to your browser from a web server and stored on your computer's hard drive. The information that we and our providers collect through cookies and other technologies, along with information that we share with them, enables us or our providers to recognize you or your device and to serve ads to you or your device. For example, these technologies may allow us to automatically collect information such as your IP address, geolocation data, unique user ID, Device ID, Mobile Ad Identifiers, browser type and version, character set, screen size and color, language, cell phone model, operating system and version, carrier, and Internet Service Provider. This information: (1) allows us to accurately and properly pay for ads placed on our behalf (e.g., an ad that led you to purchase or download one of our products) and get paid when you see an ad on our Services; (2) helps prevent you from repeatedly seeing the same ads; (3) helps select and display targeted ads or other content on your computer or device (such as on a site or social networking service you are visiting or a mobile application you are using) that may be of interest to you; and (4) helps us measure and analyze interactions with our ads and Services.
With your consent, we may collect geolocation information by accessing your device’s GPS coordinates so that we can provide you with relevant content. You can opt-out at any time by turning off your location services for the app either within the app or in the settings of your mobile device.
We also may collect information about your use of our Services, such as the time you spend using the Site or App, the number of times you return, whether you click-through, open, or forward links, e-mails, and ads, and other Service usage data.
These technologies, such as cookies, also allow us to keep track of your order as you shop on our Site or App, to make our Site better, to enable our Services to function, to maintain your preferences and settings, to provide enhanced features, to combat fraud, to recognize registered users when they visit, and to provide registered users with information and advertising that is more relevant to them.
To learn how to opt-out of cookies or other online advertising, please refer to our “Interest-Based Advertising & Use and Management of Cookies” section below.
- Tracking Options
You may adjust your browser settings to limit certain tracking or to decline cookies, but by doing so, you may not be able to use certain features on the Services or take full advantage of our offerings.
Even without a cookie, you can still take advantage of most of the features of our Site, including making a purchase, but we will not be able to recognize you as a registered user unless you log-in. Otherwise, our system may not respond to your Do Not Track request or browser header. We may use certain service providers to provide you with more relevant online advertising based on your activities on our Site and third-party sites. To learn more about, or to opt-out of, service provider use of this information, please click here.
We may also use technologies, such as our own cookies, to provide you with online advertising tailored to your interests. To opt-out of cookies on our Site used for this online advertising, please click here and see the “Interest-Based Advertising & Use and Management of Cookies” section below for more information. For certain service providers, such as social media platforms, and on your mobile device, you can adjust your privacy and advertising settings to limit your tracking for advertising or to control whether you receive more relevant advertising. To learn more about certain mobile and browser privacy and advertising controls see “Interest-Based Advertising & Use and Management of Cookies” section below.
- Information Collected From Other Sources.
We may obtain information about you from other sources, including social networks, that you use to connect with us, advertising networks, internet service providers, data analytics providers, government entities, operating systems and platforms and data brokers. This information includes, for example, your name, username, demographic information, updated address or contact information, and interests.
- Combination of Information.
We may also combine the information we receive from and about you, including the information you provide to us on the Services or through the Membership Program, information we receive from third parties, the information we automatically collect (as explained above), and information provided or collected offline when you shop in our Stores.
- Additional Information.
For iOS device users, please also see our App privacy disclosures on the App store incorporated herein by reference.
We may use the information we collect from and about you for the following business purposes:
- To provide you with a quick and simple checkout experience.
- To process your orders, contact you concerning the status of an order, answer any of your questions, or otherwise contact and communicate with you.
- To address problems with the Services, our business or our products and services, and to protect the security of the Site and our business.
- To help us learn more about our Site visitors, App users, Membership Program members, and customers and to improve their shopping experience and our business.
- We may also use the information we collect from and about you for the following commercial purposes.
- To provide you with customized content, targeted offers, and advertising on the Services, other websites or via text message, and to contact you about upcoming Foot Locker sales, promotions, and product information.
- To allow you to participate in promotions.
- To contact you about upcoming promotions and offers on behalf of our partners.
We may also use the information we collect from and about you for other purposes that we explain to you when we collect your information and as otherwise permitted by law.
We may share the information we collect from and about you as follows:
- Among the Foot Locker Canada Co. family of companies (including the Foot Locker and Champs Sports brands) for the purposes of rendering service on Foot Locker Canada Co.’s behalf.
- To our service providers, if the sharing will enable them to perform a business, professional, or technical support function for us.
- With your consent, to carefully-selected third-party partners, so that they may inform you of offers, promotions, and services; advertising networks, social networks, data analytics providers, and data brokers.
- For payment processing and authorization, fraud protection and credit risk reduction, website evaluation and data analysis.
- To comply with the law, to respond to governmental inquiries or requests, to enforce our policies, or to protect our or others' rights, property, or safety.
- We may share your information in connection with a prospective or completed substantial corporate transaction, such as the sale of a website, a merger, consolidation, asset sale, or in the unlikely event of bankruptcy.
- Otherwise, with your consent.
We work with third parties such as ad networks and other advertising companies that use their own tracking technologies (including cookies and pixel tags) on our Website in order to provide you with tailored advertisements across the Internet. These companies may collect information about your activity on our Website and third-party websites (such as web pages you visit and your interaction with our advertising and other communications) and use this information to make predictions about your preferences, develop personalized content and deliver ads that are more relevant to you on third party websites. This information may also be used to evaluate our online advertising campaigns.
You can manage your cookies related to Interest-Based Advertising through various tools, including:
- Understanding your options, such as how you can opt-out of receiving behavioral ads from third-party advertising companies participating in the Digital Advertising Alliance of Canada, please visit the Digital Advertising Alliance of Canada website at http://youradchoices.ca/choices
- Managing the cookies on your browser using the cookie preference tool (where available). Most browsers will allow you to choose the level of privacy settings you want. You can block all cookies or accept all cookies or pick a setting somewhere in between. Deleting cookies means that any preference settings you have made on a website will be lost. If you have set your preferences to opt out of cookies, this setting will be lost too, as that information is stored in a cookie. Blocking all cookies means functionality on our websites may be lost. We do not recommend turning all cookies off when using our websites. We also use a browser-based cookie to remember your cookie preferences. If you use a different device, computer profile or browser you will have to tell us your preferences again. If you want to reduce your cookie settings at any time – for example, if you accept all cookies, but later decide you don’t want a certain type of cookie – you’ll need to use your browser settings to remove any third-party cookies dropped on your previous visit. Find out more below about how to manage your cookies using the most popular browsers. Firefox Google Chrome Safari Microsoft Edge.
Please note that at all times, you are responsible for updating the personal information you provide to us. If you have registered with us or if you participate in a Membership Program, you may update your personal information through your registered account or Membership Program account. If you elect to delete some or all of your personal information, keep in mind that we may retain transactional, Membership Program-related and other data in accordance with various laws, regulations and Foot Locker’s retention policy.
Subject to limited exceptions under applicable law, you have the right to access, update and correct inaccuracies in your Personal Information in our custody and control. You may request access, updating and corrections of inaccuracies in your Personal Information in our custody or control by emailing or writing to us at the contact information set out below. We may request certain Personal Information for the purpose of verifying the identity of the individual seeking access to his or her Personal Information records.
We reserve the right, at any time and in our sole discretion, to change, modify, add, remove, or otherwise revise portions of this Privacy Statement. When we update our Privacy Statement, we will take appropriate measures to inform you, consistent with the significance of the changes we make, and in accordance with applicable law. Except where prohibited by law, your continued use of the Site after we post changes to this Privacy Statement means you accept these changes.
At all times, you have the option of "opting out" of receiving future e-mail marketing updates by sending us an e-mail with "unsubscribe" in the subject line at email@example.com Even if you opt -out, you may continue to receive non-marketing e-mail messages from us, including, for example, order confirmations.
If you previously registered for a text messaging campaign and now want to opt-out, text "STOP" to the short code/number for the program that you have signed up for.
We do not sell products for purchase by children. We sell children's products for purchase by adults. We do not direct the Site or App to, nor do we knowingly collect any personal information from, children under the age of 13.
You must be 13 years of age or older to submit personal information to us, including to register or place an order on the Site or App or participate in one of our online promotions.
We have implemented a variety of physical, administrative, and technical security measures designed to help protect the confidentiality of your personal information under our control and appropriately limit access to that information. We also enable encryption technology to help protect certain personal information, including your credit card number.
We are committed to protecting your information, but no website, App, or system is completely safe from cyber-attacks. We need your help! Keep your data safe by creating a unique, strong password and protect against unauthorized access to that password and your device. Be sure to sign off when finished using a shared device and do not share your password with anyone.
Should you have any questions regarding this Privacy Statement generally or our data handling practices specifically, you may contact us as follows:
Attn: Privacy Team (Law Department)
Foot Locker Inc.
330 West 34th Street, 4th Floor
New York, NY 10001, USA
These Services contain links to other sites, which may have privacy policies that differ from our own. We are not responsible for the privacy practices or content of such other websites or apps. Accordingly, we recommend that you review the Privacy Statement posted on any website or app that you access through the Services. The terms and conditions herein do not apply to any such linked websites or apps. Foot Locker does not endorse any linked websites or apps, or the information, materials, products or services that linked websites or apps contain or make accessible. Foot Locker disclaims all warranties, express or implied, with respect to the information, materials, products, and services that linked websites or apps contain or make accessible, including, but not limited to, implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose or non-infringement.
You acknowledge and agree that Foot Locker is not responsible for the content, accuracy, legality, decency, copyright compliance, privacy practices, security or any other aspects of any such linked websites or apps. You further acknowledge and agree that your access or use of any such linked websites or apps is solely at your own risk, and you hereby waive any and all claims against Foot Locker with respect to such linked websites or apps.
We may transfer the personal information we collect about you through our Services to countries other than the country in which we collect the information. If you are an international visitor using our Services, please be aware that we may transfer the information you provide to computers in the United States. We take steps to ensure that we process the data collected under this Privacy Statement according to the purposes set out in this Privacy Statement and, in transferring data, that we protect the information as described herein.
We and our service providers may disclose your personal information if we are required or permitted by applicable law or legal process, which may include lawful access by foreign courts, law enforcement or other government authorities in the jurisdictions in which we or our service providers operate. For information about the manner in which we or our service providers treat personal information, please contact us as set out in the “Questions/Contacting Us” section of the Privacy Statement.
Copyright Notice © 2022 Foot Locker Canada Co. All rights reserved.